Sorry – we cannot accept Repeat Prescription requests by phone.
> How to order using a Repeat Prescription Form
> Guidance on Repeats
| ||How to order your|
You can order your repeat prescription in any of the ways listed below.
How long it takes to fulfil varies, but generally it takes us 2 working days from receipt of your request. (NB When dropping off your request to a nominated chemist it may take 3-5 days before your medical supplies are ready for collection/delivery.)
- Send your request to email@example.com
- Remember to include your name, address and date of birth and either a list of the items you need or a scan or copy of your repeat prescriptions list with the items ticked.
Repeat prescription form
You’ll find a list of supplies with to your previous prescription. Simply tick what you need and drop off this tear-off sheet back either to us or your nominated chemist for action. If you:
- Come into Wye Surgery – please put your request in our Repeat Prescriptions Box at reception (or through the letter box if we are closed).
- Go to any local chemist offering a fulfilment service to Wye Surgery – the chemist will submit your form to us for GP approval, then make up your supplies ready for you to collect from them (or they may deliver to you if needed).
- Post your request to us - please enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope if you want us to post the signed prescription back to you; otherwise mark the request for collection here or fulfilment at your nominated chemist.
Lost your repeats form? Simply put your request in writing to us instead. Your new prescription will include a repeats list for you to keep and use next time.
Guidance on Repeats
Please plan your repeat medication requests well in advance to avoid unnecessary delays.
Items listed on your current repeat medication slip will be processed by us within 48 working hours. Any additional items may take longer, as you may need to see a GP first.
- New patients must see one of our GPs before getting a first repeat prescription.
- All repeats will be regularly reviewed by a GP in line with the strict drug monitoring, to guard against adverse health impacts from long term use.
- The review date is printed on the bottom of your repeat slip. If this date has passed a GP will review your medication and contact you to make an appointment if necessary.
- To cut down on unused drug waste (costing the NHS millions each year), we are only currently permitted to authorize repeat prescriptions covering up to a 4-week period.
- Items that have not been issued for over 12 months will be removed from your repeat list. To reorder a removed item, you must see your GP.