GET YOUR COVID BOOSTER - THIS WEEK - WALK IN CLINICS, ASHFORD
Walk In Clinics - Everyone welcome - No appointment needed.
Musgrove Park Surgery, Beaver Rd, Ashford, Kent TN23 7SP. (Pre-booked appointments also happening at the same venue).
Dates and times
- 21 December - 9am to 11am & 2pm-4pm
- 22 December - 9am to 11am & 2pm-4pm
- 23 December - 9am to 11am & 2pm-4pm
- 24 December - 9am to 11am ONLY.
All vaccinations this week are Pfizer.
We are still carrying out 1st or 2nd vaccinations as well as boosters.
Please share this important message with anyone you know, who needs a vaccination or booster.
Stay safe everyone.
REMEMBER - HANDS. FACE. SPACE.
About The Government’s Plan B
The Government has announced details of England’s Plan B in response to the risks of the Omnicron Covid-19 variant. This means that:
- From 10 December – you must wear a face covering in most indoor settings unless you are exempt
- From 13 December – you should work form home if you can
- From 15 Dec – you will need to show your NHS Covid Pass in places where large crowds gather, like nightclubs and large stadiums. As NHS Covid Pass is proof of a negative test of full vaccination via the NHS App.
Find out more at www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Download the Plan B Poster (pdf).
Christmas and New Year Opening Hours
We wish you a peaceful and healthy festive break - but if you need medical help when we are closed, please:
View our Out of Hours info
Christmas and New Year opening hours:
| Day|| Date|| GP Surgery|| Dispensary|
| Mon|| 20-Dec|| 8.00 - 6.30|| 8.30 - 5.00|
| Tue|| 21-Dec|| 8.00 - 8.00|| 8.30 - 7.00|
| Wed|| 22-Dec|| 8.00 - 6.30|| 8.30 - 5.00|
| Thur|| 23-Dec|| 8.00 - 8.00|| 8.30 - 7.00|
| Fri|| 24-Dec|| 8.00 - 6.30|| 8.30 - 6.00|
| Sat|| 25-Dec|| CLOSED|| CLOSED|
| Sun|| 26-Dec|| CLOSED|| CLOSED|
| Mon|| 27-Dec|| CLOSED|| CLOSED|
| Tues|| 28-Dec|| CLOSED|| CLOSED|
| Wed|| 29-Dec|| 8.00 - 6.30|| 8.30 - 5.00|
| Thur|| 30-Dec|| 8.00 - 8.00|| 8.30 - 7.00|
| Fri|| 31-Dec|| 8.00 - 6.30|| 8.30 - 6.00|
| Sat|| 01-Jan|| CLOSED|| CLOSED|
| Sun|| 02-Jan|| CLOSED|| CLOSED|
| Mon|| 03-Jan|| CLOSED|| CLOSED|
| Tues|| 04-Jan || 8.00 - 8.00|| 8.30 - 7.00|
| Wed|| 05-Jan|| 8.00 - 6.30|| 8.30 - 5.00|
| Thu|| 06-Jan|| 8.00 - 8.00|| 8.30 - 7.00|
| Fri|| 07-Jan|| 8.00 - 6.30|| 8.30 - 6.00|
Covid Boosters – Automatic Appointments (No need to phone us)
You can now have your Covid booster 3 months after your 2nd dose.
We will automatically contact you to make an appointment as soon as you are eligible - there is no need to contact us.
Covid Variants – Omicron symptoms
If you have the Omicron variant of Covid 19 (or have been contact with someone who has) YOU MUST isolate for 10 days – regardless of your vaccination status.
Omicron symptoms are different to other strains of Coronavirus and may include:
- Extreme fatigue
- Body aches
- Night sweats
- Runny nose
- Scratchy throat.
The tell-tale signs of the original Coronavirus are a new cough and loss of taste or smell. The Delta variant can also cause vomiting and diarrhoea.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms - be safe – take a Covid test.
Find out more on our Covid-19 Symptoms page.
Covid Safety at Wye Surgery
While the threat of Covid remains, we continue to operate Covid-safe precautions as part of our duty of care to staff and vulnerable patients – so please wear your face mask, use hand gels and be mindful of social distancing when you come into our premises.
Taking Covid Precautions
- Helps us to continue delivering routine care for all patients, including the elderly and vulnerable
- Reduces the risk of unnecessary hospital admissions and Covid deaths
- Helps lower infection rates and reduces the chance of new Covid variants emerging
- Being fully vaccinated offers you protection against the most serious Covid symptoms and helps reduce transmissibility to others if you are carrying the virus.
We hope that our careful approach and active encouragement of best practice, will give all our patients the confidence to seek medical care at Wye Surgery straightaway (instead of delaying for fear of catching the virus if they go out).
Thank you for co-operating.
Booking COVID vaccinations and boosters
- We will automatically notify you when your Covid vaccination or booster is due – there is no need to contact us (please help by keeping our phone lines free)
- Our Vaccination Clinics – Are held at Musgrove Park Surgery in Ashford - NB appointment only (not walk ins). When booking your appointment select 'Ashford Stour PCN'
- If you need a vaccination at a different time or place than offered by our system, you are free to book an appointment online via the National Booking Service – or phone NHS 119
- All boosters being given are Pfizer - even if you had different vaccine previously.
- After your vaccination is done, you must wait 15 minutes before leaving.
View full details
NHS Covid Pass
To prove your Covid-19 Status you can get an NHS COVID Pass, available via the free NHS App. This shows your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination details or test results.
How to get your pass
IMPORTANT - Do we have your right phone number?
If you think we may have an old number for you, please let us know as soon as possible. When contacting patients for their Covid Vaccinations we’ve found that quite a few numbers are no longer valid, which is causing worrying delays.
Urgent Treatment Centres in East Kent
There are nine GP-led, Urgent Treatment Centres (UTCs) in East Kent open every day of the year including bank holidays.
They can diagnose and deal with most common accidents and illnesses for which people might previously have gone to a minor injuries unit or A&E.
Those at Ashford, Canterbury and Margate Hospitals are open 24 hours a day, the others are open 8am to 8pm.
Find out more
Find our local UTCs
NHS - About UTCs (watch the video)
NHS – When to visit an UTC