Friday 24th June 2022 - We are currently experiencing a problem with our E-consult service and although you will receive a confirmation email of your e-consult, we are not receiving any requests at this time. 

We are working hard to rectify this problem and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for your patience at this time. 

Help with health costs

In certain circumstances you may be able to get help from the Government with the cost of your health care.

Free NHS prescriptions for cancer patients (medical exemption)

Cancer patients can apply for an exemption certificate using form FP92A available from  Wye Surgery or the oncology department or your NHS hospital.  Certificates are valid for 5 years and will be renewable for patients still receiving treatment for cancer or the effects of cancer treatment.

Exemption certificates will be issued to those, who in their doctor's opinion are receiving treatment for
Cancer, the effects of cancer, or the effects of current or previous cancer treatment.

Find out more

Free NHS prescriptions for other patients (medical exemption)

People with certain ongoing medical conditions - for example types of diabetes, epilepsy, some physical disabilities or conditions that require continuous dressings or appliances - can get free NHS prescriptions.

NB: Temporary disabilities do not count even if they last for several months.

You can apply for an exemption certificate using form FP92A available from  Wye Surgery.  You need to fill in parts 1 and 2 and your doctor (or an authorised member of the practice staff) will sign to confirm the information you’ve given is correct.

We then send the completed form to the NHS Business Authority for processing who will then issue the certificate is your application is successful.

Find out more

Prescription pre-payment certificate (PPC)

If you need frequent or regular prescriptions you might save quite a bit of money by paying an upfront fee. This then enables you to have 'free' prescriptions for a fixed period.
Find out more
You can apply for a 3 or 6 month PPC, either:
• Or, by post – just ask us or any high street chemist for a FP95 form.

Low income scheme

If you’re on a low income you may be entitled to full or partial help with some of these costs (if you are not already ‘exempt’):

  • NHS prescriptions
  • NHS dental treatment
  • Sight tests, glasses and contact lenses
  • Travel to receive NHS treatment
  • NHS wigs and fabric supports

Find out more

Pregnant women and those who have had a baby in the last 12 months

If you have a valid Maternity Exemption Certificate you’re entitled to free:

  • NHS prescriptions
  • NHS dental treatment if, when you are accepted for a course of treatment, you are pregnant or have had a baby in the previous 12 months.

Find out more

Tax Credits

If you get Working Tax Credit or Child Tax Credit, you (and your family) may be entitled to help with NHS health costs.

If you are issued with NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate this will entitle you, your partner (if you have one) and any children to:

  • Free NHS prescriptions
  • Free NHS dental treatment
  • Free NHS sight tests
  • The full value of a voucher towards the cost of glasses and contact lenses
  • Free NHS wigs and fabric supports
  • Refund of necessary costs of travel for NHS treatment.

If you have children aged under 16 or 16, 17 or 18 and they are in full-time education, they are already entitled to free NHS treatment, sight tests, NHS prescriptions and vouchers towards the cost of glasses.

Find out more

European Health Insurance Card

Whatever your reasons for going abroad, you may be entitled to medical care at reduced cost or sometimes free. Your entitlement will vary based on whether you're going to an European Economic Area country (EEA) or elsewhere in the world.

Find out more

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website