General & Vascular Surgery
If you are a GP in East Kent you can refer patients to this NHS Audiology Outpatient Clinic, held at Wye Surgery. To do this, please download a referral form.
> Consultant in charge
> Where surgery is performed
> Referral criteria
> Referral process and follow-up
> Clinic information
> Benefits of using this service
> Contacts for further information
Consultant in charge
This outpatient clinic is run by Mr Noel Wilson and his team.
Where surgery is performed
If your condition needs an operation or surgical procedure this will be carried out at a local NHS hospital, eg - One Health Ashford, KIMS and East Kent Hospital Trust.
General Surgery - Referral criteria
- Gall stones (confirmed by ultrasound)
- Hernia repair
- Rectal prolapse
- Hernia redo
- Anal fissure and fistula
- Lumps and bumps
- Sinuses or fistula repair
- Venous ulcers suitable for skin grafting
General Surgery - Exclusions
- Other investigations
- Other conditions requiring surgery or surgical procedures.
Vascular Surgery - Referral criteria
- Troublesome symptoms - typically pain, aching, discomfort, swelling, heaviness, itching; primary or recurrent varicose veins
- Lower limb skin changes - such as pigmentation or eczema, thought to be caused by chronic venous insufficiency
- Superficial vein thrombophlebitis - characterised by the appearance of hard painful veins; suspected venous incompetence
- Venous leg ulcer - a break in the skin below the knee that has not healed within 2 weeks
- Healed venous leg ulcer.
Referral process and follow-up
- When we receive your completed Referral Form we will allocate an appointment and send the patient a confirmation letter
- Our letter asks the patient to contact us to confirm they will keep the appointment
- After the patient has been seen, the consultant will send the referring GP a report/letter
- Follow up appointments and procedures will be booked directly by the consultant at the patient’s chosen hospital.
- Clinics are held once a month on a Tuesday from 2-4pm
- Appointment length is 10 minutes
- Patients are asked to arrive promptly and be aware of and comply with our COVID-19 Safety Measures. If a patient is late, they may not be seen.
Benefits of using this service
- Very short waiting times
- All consulting rooms on ground floor, with disabled access
- Free parking on site
- Highly efficient service - 20 year track record with consistently high levels of patient satisfaction
- Patients are always seen by the consultant leading the clinic.
Phone: 01233 884 585 Ext 2222