Sorry – we cannot accept Repeat Prescription requests by phone or email.
Items listed on your current repeat medication slip will be processed within 48 working hours. Any additional items may take longer, as you may need to see a GP first.
> Order Repeats Online
> Order using a Repeat Prescription Form
> Lost your Repeat Form?
> Guidance on Repeats
Order Repeats Online
You can order your repeat prescriptions online -
find out how
| ||Order using|
a Repeat Prescription
If your prescription form has an extra page listing all your regular supplies you can tear this off and use it to request a Repeat Prescription:
Tick the items you need and either:
- post it to us, or
- pop it in the Repeat Prescriptions box at reception or the post box by our front door if we are closed, or - fax it to us on 01233 811 001, or
- drop it into a chemist that offers a fulfilment service to our surgery (they will bring the form into us for a doctor to sign, and then make up your supplies ready for you to collect – or they may deliver direct to you if required).
Fulfilling your prescription
- Your prescription will the checked and signed by a GP
- We will then submit it to your chosen local chemist (but if you want it posted back to you instead, please enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope)
- The chemist will then make up your prescription ready for collection or delivery. If our dispensary is fulfilling your prescription, please allow 48 hours (excluding weekends and bank holidays) before you collect.
Send us a note/letter with your name, address, date of birth, and list of the items you need. Either post it, put in the repeat prescriptions box at reception or pop it through the door if we are closed.
| ||Guidance on Repeats |
Please plan your repeat medication requests well in advance to avoid unnecessary delays:
- New patients must see one of our GPs before getting a first repeat prescription.
- All repeats will be regularly reviewed by a GP in line with the strict drug monitoring, to guard against adverse health impacts from long term use.
- The review date is printed on the bottom of your repeat slip. If this date has passed a GP will review your medication and contact you to make an appointment if necessary.
- To cut down on unused drug waste (costing the NHS millions each year), we are only currently permitted to authorize repeat prescriptions covering up to a 4-week period.
- Items that have not been issued for over 12 months will be removed from your repeat list. To reorder a removed item, you must see your GP.