> Repeat prescriptions
> Nomad service
> Prescriptions free home delivery
> Can you save money on your prescriptions
> Free prescriptions
> Medical Reminder App
01233 884 585
8.30am - 7.00pm Friday
8.30am - 5.30pm
We are a rural medical practice with an onsite dispensary that can dispense prescription drugs and medical supplies if any one of the following applies:
- You live more than 1 mile from a chemist (as the crow flies), or
- You are registered here as a temporary resident
- You are a Private Patient
- You have serious mobility or other difficulties and have applied to Kent Primary Care Agency to use our dispensary (if you need info or an application form, please ask at our dispensary).
Otherwise, patients living within 1 mile of a chemist or pharmacy, cannot use our dispensary service and must take their prescriptions to a community pharmacy instead.
2 working days standard
If your GP agrees to provide you with repeat prescriptions you can use the online link above to put in your repeat requests. (Alternatively you can continue to use your current request method - as outlined later in this section).
If you are a new patient, you must see one of our GPs before they can give you a first repeat prescription.All repeat prescriptions are subject to regular review by the doctors to assess whether further blood tests, blood pressures etc are required. There are strict guidelines on the monitoring of many drugs which the doctors at Wye take very seriously to ensure there is no adverse impact on your health. This is sometimes followed by a review with the patients usual doctor, either by surgery or telephone appointment .We hope that this cuts down the number of routine appointments required for many patients, as well as patients time. The review date is printed on the bottom of your repeat slip. If this date has passed, you DO NOT have to make an appointment. A Doctor will review your medication and will contact you to make an appointment if necessary.We are only currently permitted to authorize repeat prescriptions for a period of 4 weeks. This is designed to reduce the waste caused by people not using all the medication they request. As this medication cannot be re-used, the cost to the taxpayer currently amounts to millions of pounds nationally each year.Items that have not been issued for over 12 months are also removed from your current list of medications, because treatment regimes change etc. If they are required again, they need to be re-authorised by your doctor.Please plan your repeat medication requests well in advance to avoid unnecessary problems. Your co-operation would be appreciated.
How repeat prescriptions work
- Your prescription will have an extra page on the right listing all your regular supplies.
- Tear off the extra page and keep it at home until you are ready to reorder your regular supplies.
- Then, simply tick the relevant boxes for the items you need and either post it to us, pop it into the Repeat Prescriptions box at our reception or the post box by the front door if we are closed or fax it to us on 01233 811 001; If you want us to post the prescription back to you please enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
- Some chemists offer a fulfilment service whereby you can leave the repeat request with them; they then bring the form to us, collect the prescription once it has been signed and make up your supplies ready for you to collect (or they may deliver direct to you if required).
- Please allow 48 hours (excluding weekends and bank holidays) to collect your prescriptions or medication if we dispense to you.
- If you require a item that is not on your repeat slip please allow longer as these requests will need to be authorized by your regular Doctor and you may need to be seen.
- Repeat prescriptions requests are not accepted over the telephone, for reasons of confidentiality etc.
| ||Nomad service|
For patients who have complicated regular medication reigimes we offer to deliver sorted dosage packs that contain all the medication required for a full 28-day cycle.
Speak to your GP to assess your individual requirements.
We offer a free home delivery service on prescriptions for patients who cannot come into the surgery. Please ask our dispensary staff or your GP.
| ||Save money |
If you need frequent or regular prescriptions you might be able to save money by paying an upfront fee. To do this you will need to apply for a Prescription pre-payment certificate (PPC) for either 3 or 6 months. You can do this:
Find out more about help with health costs.
| ||Free |
Some people automatically get free prescriptions, for example children, some students and people over 60.
Others, can apply for free prescriptions for example - pregnant women or new mums, people on some State benefits, NHS inpatients and people with certain long-term or life-long medical conditions such as cancer, epilepsy, hypothyroidism etc.
To apply you and your GP will need to complete an exemption certificate application form. Ask your GP if you qualify or find out more at:
Find out more about help with health costs.
| ||NEW |
A new phone app is now available to help you manage regular medications for yourself or someone you care for. It will remind you when to take medications and when to order repeat prescriptions.
Find out more and download the app.