Always dial 999 in a life-threatening emergency .
This service is designed to save lives, for example:
- Loss of consciousness
- Fits that are not stopping / Acute confused state
- Persistent, severe chest pain
- Breathing difficulties
- Severe bleeding that can't be stopped.
PLEASE DON’T CALL 999 IN LESS URGENT SITUATIONS.
If you go to A&E make sure you need urgent care. Otherwise, you could be diverting valuable NHS resources away from those whose need is more urgent. Also, Wye Surgery will be charged from £52 and £183 - even if you are not treated or don’t wait to be seen.
Instead of going to A&E:
- You can get a Same Day Appointments here - every day, Monday to Friday, for routine and acute problems, including minor Injuries such as cuts, stings, strains, sprains, minor burns etc. Alternatively you can ask for a telephone consultation with one of our doctors.
- When we are closed call NHS 111.
- The Walk In Centre at The Royal Victoria Hospital, Radnor Park, Folkestone is open 7am-10pm Monday to Friday and 9am-10pm Weekends and Bank Holidays for cuts, itches, stings, strains, sprains, minor burns etc.
- Your local pharmacy can help and sometimes treat coughs, colds, diarrhoea, headaches, fever.
- Your own Dentist will deal with any dental problems ; they will have an Out of Hours contact, or you can call DentaLine on 01634 890 300. If you need a dentist but do not have one, call 0808 238 9797.
Go to Useful numbers and web links for the contact details of our local health services and pharmacies.