Podcasts - welcome to our audio first aid centre!
Below is a list of small MP3 files which can be downloaded on to your iPod or any other MP3 player. Wherever your iPod goes the advice will go with you!
To save a file to your computer, right-click on any of the links below and then click 'Save Target As ..."
Or, click on a link to play any of the podcasts:
- Burns - Explains the immediate treatment for burns and scalds.
- Fits - How to deal with fits (convulsions/seizures) in adults and young children.
- Wounds - Immediate actions for wounds, bleeding, and bleeding associated with fractures.
- Unconscious patient who is breathing - How to deal with an unrousable patient who IS breathing (includes recovery position)
- CPR for adults - Adults who have collapsed, unrousable and NOT breathing.
- CPR for babies - Babies who are unrousable and NOT breathing.
- Collapsed patient in detail - Explains the complete scenario including checks for breathing, circulation, etc.
These files have been prepared by Sussex Ambulance Service and comply with European Resuscitation Council Guidelines.