If you are a GP in East Kent you can refer patients to this NHS Colorectal Outpatient Clinic, held at Wye Surgery. To do this, please download a Referral form.
> Consultant in charge
> Benefits of using this service
> Referral criteria
> Referral process and follow-up
> Clinic information
> Contacts for further information
Consultant in charge
This NHS colorectal clinic is run by Mr Gandra Harinath and his team.
Benefits of using this service
- Very short waiting times
- Entirely consultant-led
- Direct listing for secondary care operations and procedures
- 20 years’ experience and consistently high patient satisfaction ratings
- All consulting rooms on ground floor, with disabled access
- Free parking on site
- Patients are always seen by the consultant leading the clinic.
- Open to NHS patients age 18 or over, referred by GPs in the East Kent region
- Any colorectal symptoms that DO NOT fall within the NICE guideline criteria for ‘Rapid Access’.
- Rigid sigmoidoscopy
- Banding of haemorrhoids
- Injection of haemorrhoids
- Mucosal rectal prolapse treatment
- Patients under 18
- Rapid Access patients
Referral process and follow-up
- When we receive your completed Referral Form we will allocate an appointment and send your patient a confirmation letter
- Our letter asks the patient to contact us to confirm they will keep the appointment
- After your patient has been seen, the consultant will send the referring GP a report/letter
- Follow up appointments and procedures will be booked directly by the consultant at the patient’s chosen hospital.
- Held on one Tuesday a month, 2pm to 5pm
- 20 minute appointments
- Patients are asked to arrive 15 minutes early for their appointment. If a patient is late, they may not be seen.
Contacts for further information
Please call either Paula Newman or Maxine Bible on:
01233 884 585 Ext 2222. Or email ACCG.firstname.lastname@example.org